Tuesday, February 2, 2010

No ­­ Release Today, Either

Last night,I set a wake-up call for 7 AM, so I was a little confused when something woke me at 6:25. It was my cell phone buzzing, and it was Ray calling to tell me that his "team" had been by and he wasn't going to be discharged today. I don't know whether that was because he's still got an air leak or because I pitched a fit yesterday when somebody mentioned that some people go home with their chest tube. We are not going home with a chest tube! I feel a fit coming on just thinking about the possibility!

And that's about the extent of the news. At this point, it's just a matter of sitting around and letting nature take its course.

And, Tibby, my cold subsided a couple of days ago. I still have some very minor congestion, but seem to be OK, except--of course--for being so tired. Last night, I got down to the ER entrance, where I get a taxi to go to the motel, and discovered that I didn't have my purse, so I had to hoof it back across the hospital and up to the fourth floor and then back down to the ER entrance. I was literally dragging my tracks out by the time I got to my room about 9:30. I think I may go "home" early tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment