Thursday, February 4, 2010

Anticipating Spending Two Nights on a Window Seat

That's right. I'll be up at 5:30 in the morning trying to get to the hospital where I'll stay for the duration of the storm. I can't bear the thought of staying over here at the motel all alone while Ray is just 3 blocks away.

On the other hand, I keep running into people who make me feel really fortunate. I met a lady in the elevator when I came "home" from the hospital whose husband is supposed to check into the hospital tomorrow morning at 5:30 for surgery. She didn't know she could get a taxi over there, and I can't imagine what a hassle it would be to have to drive over in your own car and find a place in the parking garage, especially when you're under the kind of stress she's under, and are unfamiliar with the area.

I can't seem to send out emails on the hospitals network, but you can call me on my cell phone, and I will try to post to the blog several times tomorrow and next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment