Thursday, January 21, 2010

Good News on Colonoscopy

Ray had his colonoscopy at 12:55 PM today, and everything is OK! I can't tell you how relieved we are. This means, of course, that the cancer really is confined to the upper lobe of the left lung, and we'll be going over to Charlottesville for that surgery on Thursday, Jan 28, one week from today.

Our oldest son, Ken, from Pacific Grove, CA, will be in DC that week on business, so he'll be driving over to Charlottesville to keep me company through the surgery, and our middle son, Andy, from Virginia Beach, will be coming over to stay with me over the weekend.

Jamie, our youngest son, in Portland, OR, won't be with us, but not from want of being there. He really, really wants to be there! But he spent a week with us in Florida when Ray had prostate surgery several years ago (and I don't know how we would have managed without him then because my knees were so bad I could hardly walk), but this time, it's his brothers' turn to look after the old folks.

As I said before, keep those thoughts and prayers coming! They really are working!

No comments:

Post a Comment